The purpose of this page is to provide a betting guide for all punterswho like gambling online. It is no secret that online bookmakers make quite a lot of profit out of their business. It is fair to say that the revenues are colossal. The reason that they make so much money is that some players fail to place their bets the right way and eventually lose. Our purpose is to help you avoid the pitfalls of online betting so that you can win rather than lose and contribute to the growing revenues of bookies.
Of course, we cannot guarantee that you will make a good profit out of your online betting experience. However, we do promise to give you all the information you need to improve your adventure and manage your bets better. So, to increase your chances of winning at betting, be sure to check our online betting guide down below for more information on what to do and what not to do.
Discover All The Topics Of Interest To You
When I had already reached the age at which I was allowed to bet, I walked into a betting facility down the high street of my city. I must admit coming across such a great variety of bets was a little discouraging at that time. That is why I think you will find this page pretty useful because it contains definitions for all the terms bookies use that a newcomer is not familiar with. And I think you should have a good look at them if you want to be successful.
Odds: How they work, what is Implied Probability and more
If you need to know something about odds, click here; you will get all the things explained in detail. The page contains details about the three more common odds formats, i.e. American, Decimal and Fractional.
In case you don’t know, in the UK we tend to use fractions. However, when you are exploring the online betting world, you will also come across the two other formats, so it makes sense to learn everything about them, as in how to estimate your winning, how to convert odds and what implied probability is.
Bet types: reasons that Singles are the Best, an overview of Accumulators and more
There is no doubt that odds play a role in sports betting. However, there is something that is of great importance for the guide too, and it is knowing how to pick the right bets. In order to turn your bets into real cash, you need to use a tool, called odds, but before you are able to make a profit, you need to know how to place correct bets. This is what this guide is for. It has everything you need to know about System, Multiple and Single bets.
Types of Betting
- Arbitrage Betting Explained
- How Hedging Bets Work
- Kelly Criterion Betting Strategy
- Moneyline Betting in Sports
- Parlay Betting Explained
- All about Point Spread Betting
- Meaning of Over Under Betting
- Understanding Outright Bets
- What Prop Bets are About
- Explaining a Bet Accumulator
- Making Betting Permutations
- What is Exchange Betting
More types of Bets:
- Prop bets
- Handicap bets/ Point spread
- Win bets
- If bets
- And more
Forms of Betting
You should know that there are other forms of betting. It is best to learn about them so you can increase your chances of winning money, no matter if you are willing to use them now or not. Learn about:
- Fantasy Sports Betting
- Spread Betting
- Exchange Betting
- Live Betting
What is Value Betting and why it is Important?
We realise you want to bet like a pro. To do that, you need to be familiar with a few techniques. One of them is called value betting, and it is very popular on a global scale. This gambling guide will give you details about the technique, explaining its purpose for sports betting. It will also show you how you can spot value betting.
All about Football Bets – with examples
If you are into football and you would love to place a bet on your favourite football match, take a look at this guide. It provides information about the variety of football bets offered at online bookmakers for all the game lovers. It also talks about all the available markets in detail. There should be no doubt that the top betting sites online provide a wide range of bets to punters regarding the most anticipated and popular football games, including major events like UEFA Champions League and the World Cup. Do not be intimidated to check those out too.
Horse Racing: Forecasts, Tricasts, Examples included
As compared to other sports, online betting on horse racing is sometimes all about having lots of luck rather than managing your bets well. For this reason, you can get more winnings if you use systems when placing bets. You are in the right place if you are looking for some help with determining your tricasts. Here you can get plenty of information about that, and much more. In this guide, we are talking about all the mysteriousness behind horse racing, helping you get the most out of betting on this type of sports online. You will read all about the horse racing systems and how to best use ACCAs. Don’t miss out.
Betting Fallacy: the most Common Myths
Have you ever heard about the Monte Carlo fallacy? Do you think that you can predict the future or change what has already been written? Do you believe that you can make something happen if you think about it long enough or wish for it hard enough? Do you think that you can change the world using a gut feeling?
If you read this article about the betting guide, you will be able to decide for yourself whether the answers to these questions are true or false. There surely are loads of mistakes that punters, especially beginners, make. It never hurts to check out our betting fallacy article where you can get more details on that and probably learn to avoid those mistakes.
Sports Betting – Advantages
In this section, we focus on the advantages of sports betting as compared to playing poker or casino games. We also point out a few more reasons to go for sports betting over other types of gambling. Read more about all that here.
Mechanics of Sports betting
It is not wise to start betting online before you have a clear understanding of the mechanics of betting on sports, i.e. how it really works. In this post, we explain all the things you have to learn before you risk your money.
How are the Sports bets placed?
When you have finally learned about the mechanics of sports betting from the guide, you will be able to place bets. Here you will learn which methods you can go for to place bets and what else you need to know about the process.
We cover online betting sites, casino bookmakers, sportsbooks shops and telephone betting.
If you want to increase your chances of winning, you had better check out the strategies that you can stick with in all your games. This online gambling guide covers basic and advanced strategies for betting on meeting the needs of both beginners and advanced bettors.
How exactly do sportsbooks make a Profit?
Sportsbooks know very well what they are doing, hence the profit they make is not by chance. They stick with some essential techniques, which help them make money. This is the main reason why operators are at an advantage. If you want to be successful, you have to know about these techniques and here you can learn more about that.
Tips for Newcomers
Many newcomers want to become experts as soon as they start betting, however, this is not possible without a betting guide. If you are just starting out, you should concentrate all your efforts on learning the basics. In this section, you will find some tips for beginners. Don’t miss out on them.
Questions and Answers about sports betting
It is normal for beginners to have many questions when they are starting out their gambling journey. Our section on frequently asked questions will help you understand the issues that are torturing you. We answer questions like:
- How much money should I deposit?
- What are value bets?
- Which sport should I place bets on?
- Am I supposed to pay to get tips?
- And much more
Glossary on Sports Betting
And finally, we provide a glossary where we give definitions for the most common sports betting terms. We hope it will make the guide clear for you, as it explains all the technical terms and jargon you can come across with while betting.
Reasons to GO for Sports Betting
- Straightforward and easy to learn basics: Although sports betting itself is quite complex, knowing the basics is enough to place bets. On that note, the basics are very straightforward and simple, so it should be easy for you to learn all the things you need to start betting. With a little know-how, you can enjoy playing on various betting sites.
- You can make a profit: As far as lottery tickets and casino games are concerned, you mostly need luck to win. However, when it comes to sports betting, you can make lots of money if you have the skills and the knowledge. Whether you will win or lose is not based on how lucky you are, but on your strategy.
- It is so much fun: If your goal is not to make money, but to add to the fun while watching sports, online betting is ideal. You can have lots of fun and make it more exciting by placing bets.
- Placing bets is simple and easy: There is a great variety of betting sites on the Internet, and it is relatively easy to place bets. You need a tablet, smartphone or a computer to create an account and make a deposit. The best part is, you can place bets wherever you are and whenever you want.
Why Use This Guide
One of the most popular forms of gambling is sports betting. It is also one of the oldest. The number of people who have placed bets at least once in their life is probably higher than that of people who actually win at sports betting. And the reason for this is that most players don’t have the know-how from the betting guide.
Certainly, one of the best things about sports betting is that you can easily learn the basics. However, that allows plenty of people who are not deeply acquainted with gambling to start betting, which leads to loss of money. Our main goal is to help you learn more than just the basics and avoid the risks that betting comes with.
How Can We Help?
We assure you that there is loads of information about online betting, so whether you are a novice or you just need to learn a few more things about gambling, you will find this guide helpful. You can learn about the role of probability and odds, how you can place bets and different types of bets. Even if you mostly want to have fun, it is wise to know all these things.
If you are not a beginner anymore and you need advice and further details about betting, you should use this guide. We will help you select a sport to bet on. We will also tell you about the different betting forms and how you can make selections. We know how important strategies are and we also offer a few articles on that topic, including both specific sports and general betting.
How to Make a Profit?
As we already mentioned above in our guide, the luck factor is the one that determines whether you win or lose when playing betting games on your mobile or PC device. However, with sports betting you can make money based on the strategy you have rather than your luck.
A number of players make money from online gambling. Why not be one of them? Of course, it is not easy to succeed, but if you know what you are doing, eventually you will. We believe that using our guide will take you one step closer to success. And yet, remember that it is all about the effort and work you put into it, as well as the strategy you have.
You need to be patient and disciplined. You need to do detailed research, which means you also have to dedicate some time to it. As it is with every field, the more you know, the better for you. So, if you want to increase your chances of making a profit, you have to be deeply acquainted with both the different sports and gambling in general. Analysing the bets you have placed is also necessary. Sometimes you will have to experiment until you find what works for you.
The last thing to remember is that you need to choose a reputable online bookmaker. There you will find competitive odds and a great deal of betting markets. It will give you the opportunity to get rewards and generous bonuses. This is what can make all the difference.
Sports Betting LegalitiesIt is important to note in our sports guide that in different parts of the world online betting is subject to different laws. Most of the time the ones that suffer charges are the operators rather than the players themselves. Depending on where you live, you should familiarise yourself with the gambling legislation in your country before you start betting on the Internet. On our site, we also cover gambling laws, so if you are interested, make sure to visit this page.
Further Information About Sports Betting
- Is it fun to gamble? It is a common perception that if you bet on a sport, it will strip the pleasure of watching the game. Many people believe that when you place wagers, you will not be able to sit and relax during the game; instead, you will worry about the outcome. This is not true. Sports betting doesn’t take the pleasure out of the game. Of course, it will affect your experience if you take it too seriously, but it can also make it more exciting. As a matter of fact, you will enjoy the game much more than usual.
- What about strategy? Some people don’t care about the guide or the strategy they use that much, instead they just focus on having fun. And that’s okay. Plus, they also get a chance to win some cash. Please note that you need to know a thing or two before placing wagers. Keep that in mind the next time you visit an online betting site.
- There is always the risk factor! Yes, sports betting can be fun, but there is also some risk. You need to understand that you can’t foresee the end of the game with an absolute accuracy, no matter how well acquainted you are with this field. The situations won’t always turn out as expected even if you stick with the favourites. See, gambling and risk go together. You can’t avoid that. But it doesn’t mean that you should stay away from betting because of that. You just need to be aware that you can actually lose your money. It is best to bet wisely and responsibly so that the chances of losing are low. Make sure to use a budget that you are comfortable losing.
- You can beat bookies! And while it is true that you can lose money, it is also true that you can beat bookmakers. Because they set the odds, they are the ones that have the advantage over players. However, according to our guide that doesn’t mean that they cannot be outsmarted. It is way different than having to beat a house edge at a land-based casino. In sports betting, luck is not the only thing you need. If you have the knowledge, you can succeed. If you want to take betting on a whole new level, then you need lots of hard work and dedication. Anywhere in our sports guide can you find relevant information as well as details about the most reputable bookmakers so you can achieve your goals.